2 km E of Toowoomba
East Toowoomba is a suburb located 2 kilometres from the central business district. The 2011 Australian Census recorded a population of 5,675. The east and south of the suburb is crossed by the Warrego Highway.
The suburb contains the main Bridge Street campus of Southern Queensland Institute of TAFE, and two elite independent schools, Toowoomba Grammar School (boys) and Fairholme College (girls).
In addition, the suburb contains Toowoomba Preparatory School, Toowoomba East State School (1887) and Mater Dei Primary School (Catholic, 1917).
Toowoomba East State School is Toowoomba’s largest primary school with 950 students attending.
- Clive Berghofer Stadium, previously known as Athletic Oval and named for former Toowoomba mayor Clive Berghofer (1982–1992), and primarily used for rugby league games;
- St Vincent’s Hospital, a private hospital established in 1922 by the Sisters of Charity;
- Queens Park and Botanical Gardens, a heritage-listed reserve established in 1869.