When you find the right property, you will need to complete a Tenancy Application Form. Note: Application must be completed in full by each applicant.
When returning your Application, you MUST submit a form of photo identification. Failure to supply current photo identification will result in immediate refusal of your Application.
Required Supporting Documents
You will be required to submit supporting documents with your Application. Your Application will not be processed if all documents are not provided.
Identification Check – Documentation Required
- Photo Identification (Current 18+ Card OR Driver’s Licence OR Passport)
- Other Identification (Medicare card OR pensioner card OR health care card)
- Proof of current address. For example, phone bill OR electricity account OR Tenancy Agreement OR Council Rates Notice
- Proof of regular housing payments (rent receipts OR tenant ledger OR mortgage payments)
- Proof of income: most recent wage slips or employment letter, bank statements OR Centrelink Income Statements
- Council registration for pets (if applicable)
Processing an Application
In most instances, we are able to process your Application within 24 hours and advise you by telephone. Please notify your referees that we will be calling to verify your details. If we are unable to contact all of your referees or we are unable to reach the Lessor for approval, this process may take longer.
Approval of an Application
If your Application is approved, we will require you to return to our office prior to moving into the property to collect a copy of your Tenancy Agreement, Body Corporate By-Laws (if applicable) and Information Statement “Renting in Queensland”. It is important that you carefully read these documents prior to taking up tenancy.
Once the application has been approved, you will be required to pay a minimum of at least 50% bond to secure the property. Please note that this must be paid in clear funds (money order, bank cheque, credit card or electronic transfer if time permits). The property will not be secured for you until this money has been received and all parties have signed the tenancy related documents.