Oversized Deliveries On Way For Second Range Crossing
As published by the Toowoomba Chronicle on the 22nd January 2018.
MORE oversized deliveries will be made in the first part of the year to keep the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing project moving.
This month the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing kicks off the year with oversized deliveries and bridge building, constructing interchanges at Wellcamp and Charlton, completing local roads and starting asphalting on the main alignment.
The first quarter of 2018
- Continued precast deliveries and bridge building
- Increased foam bitumen pavement construction
- Start of asphalting
- Ongoing landscaping
- Start of construction on the Warrego Highway west interchange at Charlton, including access to the Nass Rd truck stop, and Toowoomba-Cecil Plains Rd interchange at Wellcamp
- Completion of local roads including Postmans Ridge Rd, Murphys Creek Rd and Six Mile Creek Rd at Postmans Ridge and Gittins Rd at Withcott
- Start of concrete barrier construction
- Start of maintenance building construction
- Roadworks to connect the New England Highway arch bridges with the existing New England Highway started last year and will continue during 2018.Motorists will also see work occurring on the northern tie-in area as well as the newly realigned section of the road. Activities will include:
- General construction
Due to completed at the end of this year, parts of the project are beginning to take shape including the 800m viaduct.
Nexus has completed five of 22 spans with the installation of 55 Super T girders, 13 of 21 piers and 10 of 21 headstocks.